IOS6 device configuration
It supposes that
- You already have configured the server to accept the domain (with vqadmin or by command line)
- You already have modified the MX record of the domain to point on you server
- You already have created an e-mail account for this domain (with qmailadmin or by command line)
We'll now configure IOS device to send and receives e-mails through our new server
I'll only show IMAPS configuration
Sorry guys, my IPhone is configured in French. As I do not want to change this, all the screenshots 'll be in french
1° Go on "settings" and then choose "Mails, contacs, calendars"
2° Then choose "add an account"
3° Then "Others"
4° Then "add an e-mail account"
Put your name, e-mail adress and password.
5° Keep the "IMAP" config
6° As "incoming mail server" put your server name (in my case "mail.thibs.com")
7° As "outgoing mail server" put your local ISP SMTP server(in my case "relay.skynet.be")
8° In "advanced settings" set :
- "Sent" as your "Sent items" folder
- "Trash" as your "Deleted items" folder
- Use SSL as "ON"
- 993 as port number
You can now proceed with optional tasks